- 4 Medium Fresh Beetroot
- 2 tsp Chives, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Horseradish
- 1 tbsp Shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Chilli, finely chopped
- 2.5 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Flat Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
- 230g Skinless Salmon Fillet
- Pea Shoots for Garnish (optional)
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Heat oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6. Place the beetroot in a small roasting tin with 125ml of water. Cover & cook for 60 minutes until tender when pierced with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- Peel & dice the beetroot. Transfer to a bowl and add half of the chives, tarragon, horseradish and shallots. Add half of the lemon juice, chillies and 1.5tbsp of olive oil. Mix well and season to taste. Cover & refrigerate.
- Combine the salmon and the remaining chives, tarragon & shallots in a bowl. Add the parsley and remaining horseradish, lemon juice & olive oil. Season to taste. Mix well, cover and chill.
- To serve, take four 8cm baking rings and place them on your serving plates. Put a quarter of the beetroot tartare in the bottom of each. Then top with an even layer of a quarter of the salmon tartare. Pat gently to compress. Remove the rings, garnish with pea shoots if desired